Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Introducing a new column!

In the near future I will be launching a bi-monthly careers column on Inside Higher Ed, "On the Fence," in which I will explore the manifold reasons why it is so hard to simply walk away from the ivory tower . . . even during an academic apocalypse. I'll also be taking a look at the steps Ph.D.s and A.B.D.s can take to begin pursuing a plan B.

This blog will serve as a supplement to the column; a place to get my creative juices flowing and explore ideas for future articles; and a place to be myself. I'll be posting links to relevant websites, columns, and articles about staying in the ivory tower, applying for jobs, leaving academia, and managing a dual job search in both academic and non-academic markets.

Look out of for the column soon to be appearing on http://www.insidehighered.com/

No comments: